Canada Global (Web News) Cristiano Ronaldo is in talks with Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr following his high-profile departure from Manchester United, club sources told AFP on Monday.
According to one source, the club is in “serious negotiations” with the 37-year-old, but an agreement has yet to be reached due to issues with Ronaldo’s image rights.
Last month, the Portuguese forward left United after giving an explosive TV interview in which he slammed the club and coach Erik ten Hag.
According to the Spanish newspaper Marca, Ronaldo will sign a two-and-a-half year contract worth nearly 200 million euros ($210 million) per season beginning in January.
Another source at the Saudi club, however, told AFP that nothing had been signed.
In his candid interview, Ronaldo revealed that he had turned down a lucrative offer to join a Saudi club.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner could join Al-current Nassr’s players, Colombian goalkeeper David Ospina and Cameroon midfielder Vincent Aboubakar.
When he scored a penalty in Portugal’s opening 3-2 win over Ghana in Qatar, he became the first player to score in five men’s World Cups.
Portugal, seeking its first World Cup title, will face Switzerland in the last 16 on Tuesday.
The striker helped his country win Euro 2016 and has won a slew of trophies during his glittering club career with Manchester United, Real Madrid, and Juventus.